We are looking for IMPORT FREIGHT FORWARDER to work in an expanding and profitable FREIGHT FORWARDING OPERATION handling SEAFREIGHT IMPORT operations from start to finish.
• investigating and planning the most appropriate route for a shipment, taking account of the perishable or hazardous nature of the goods, cost, transit time and security;
• arranging appropriate packing, taking account of climate, terrain, weight, nature of goods and cost, and the delivery and warehousing of goods at their final destination;
• negotiating contracts, transportation and handling costs;
• obtaining, checking and preparing documentation to meet customs and insurance requirements, packing specifications, and compliance with other countries' regulations and fiscal regimes;
• offering consolidation services by air, sea and road, ensuring cost-effective and secure solutions to small shippers who have insufficient cargo to require their own dedicated units;
• arranging insurance and assisting the client in the event of a claim;
• offering tailored IT solutions and electronic data interchange (EDI) connections;
• arranging payment of freight and other charges or collection of payment on behalf of the client;
• utilizing e-commerce, internet technology and satellite systems to enable real-time tracking of goods;
• arranging air transport for urgent and high-value freight and managing the risk door to door;
• acting as broker in customs negotiations worldwide to guide the freight efficiently through complex procedures;
• dealing with special arrangements for transporting delicate cargoes, such as livestock, food and medical supplies;
• arranging courier and specialist hand-carry services;
• maintaining communication and control through all phases of the journey, including the production of management reports and statistical and unit cost analysis;
• maintaining current knowledge of relevant legislation, political situations and other factors that could affect the movement of freight.
You must possess a degree in any discipline, but any of the following fields will be preferred:
• civil engineering;
• environmental sciences/studies;
• social science;
• town/urban planning.
• communication skills - you will be liaising with a variety of people;
• clarity in communication, as major problems could arise through inaccuracies;
• organisational and planning skills;
• teamwork, tact and good interpersonal skills;
• sensitivity to culture and religion;
• good geographical knowledge;
• sound industry knowledge;
• flexibility and the ability to adapt to changing circumstances;
• problem-solving ability, particularly when working under pressure;
• accuracy and attention to detail;
• numeracy and computer literacy.
PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION:
Qualified Applicants should apply using any of the following procedures.
1. Comment your CV or Resume to the comment box.
2. Send your CV and Cover Letter to adm.genesisconsults @gmail.com
3. Send your name, contact number, qualifications and post applying for to the message box or the Phone number displayed in this advert.
4. Upload your CV directly and click apply.
You are allowed to call the Admin Officer at the number given 9AM - 6PM MON – SAT ONLY.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted