LIC integrated concepts, provides comprehensive, robust, and flexible credit decision, loan origination, and credit risk management solutions to fit our clients’ unique initiatives. We improve performance for innovative financial institutions through a reliable, secure, and scalable ASP environment, accounting for hundreds of millions of credit transactions each year.
Quality Assurance Analysts, Project Managers, Systems and Database Developers, Solutions Developers, and Business Analysts make up the cross-functional teams of LIC Delivery Group. The Delivery Group focuses on selectively designing, building, and efficiently using LIC tools and services to create our clients’ solutions. The Quality Assurance Analyst position within the Delivery Group focuses on quality throughout the project life cycle.
The Quality Assurance Analyst position is fast paced and ever changing, requiring flexibility, self-initiative, and regular management of changing priorities. Occasional night time and weekend work is required within the position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Participate in requirement and design reviews to ensure test plans are traceable to requirements.
2. Coach and train developers in how to create and execute effective test plans.
3. Review and approve test plans in advance of testing.
4. Work with team to coordinate, monitor, execute and document all test activities.
5. Work with team to establish test beds that are automated/repeatable.
6. Provide single point of approval for all code promotions.
7. Provide guidance and oversight for Production checkout activities.
8. Lead effort to develop test plans that address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, or usability.
9. Work with Project Manager to plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery dates.
10. Achieve a service-focused culture with emphasis on delivering on-time, high-quality solutions to internal and external customers.
11. Other duties as assigned – it is understood that this list of major duties and responsibilities is not an inclusive list and that other duties and responsibilities, which may include helping others in the same or different departments, may be assigned by supervisor.
Technical and Business-Related Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Category Flexibility — the ability to generate or use different sets of rules for combining or grouping things in different ways.
2. Flexibility of Closure — the ability to identify or detect a known pattern (a figure, object, word, or sound) that is hidden in other distracting material.
3. Problem Sensitivity —the ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong, recognizing there is a problem.
4. Selective Attention —the ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted.
5. Computers and Electronics — Specific knowledge of computer hardware and software, including applications, scripting language, object oriented language, relational databases, and programming.
6. Critical Thinking — Using logic and strategic, analytical, reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
7. Mathematics — using mathematics to solve problems.
8. Quality Control Analysis — Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
9. Leadership of Personnel Resources — Motivating, developing, and leading people as they work.
10. Management of Confidential Information — collecting, recording, organizing and sorting through sensitive information and data, ensuring only the appropriate individuals receive access to the information.
11. Negotiation — Bringing together varying goals, needs, and viewpoints, seeking to discover a common goal and reconciling differences to settle a matter of mutual concern or resolve a conflict.
12. Stress Management — making emotional and physical changes to manage, control and reduce tension in trying situations.
13. Systems Analysis — Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
14. Troubleshooting — determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
Educational Background or Professional Designation Required:
• Two-year College Degree, BS Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or a related field (preferred) OR
• Equivalent combination of education and experience.
HOW TO APPLY: -
Interested applicants should forward their Names, Phone Nos, E-Mail, Post Applying for to the message box or to the number stated on this advert. Not abiding to these rules and regulations will lead to TOTAL Disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted