Qualifications and training required
A degree in electrical, electronic, mechanical or production engineering, computing, physics or mathematics is normally necessary, although foundation degrees, HNDs and HNCs are sometimes sufficient. Relevant experience or postgraduate qualifications are beneficial.
JOB DUTIES AND TASKS
Confer with engineers, customers, and others to discuss existing or potential engineering projects and products.
2) Design, implement, maintain, and improve electrical instruments, equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems for commercial, industrial, and domestic purposes.
3) Operate computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
4) Direct and coordinate manufacturing, construction, installation, maintenance, support, documentation, and testing activities to ensure compliance with specifications, codes, and customer requirements.
5) Perform detailed calculations to compute and establish manufacturing, construction, and installation standards and specifications.
6) Inspect completed installations and observe operations, to ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications and compliance with operational and safety standards.
EXPERIENCE/ EDUCATION REQUIRED
1) Engineering and Technology -- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
2) Computers and Electronics -- Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
3) Mathematics -- Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
4) English Language -- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
5) Design -- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
6) Physics -- Knowledge and prediction of physical principles, laws, their interrelationships, and applications to understanding fluid, material, and atmospheric dynamics, and mechanical, electrical, atomic and sub- atomic structures and processes.
7) Telecommunications -- Knowledge of transmission, broadcasting, switching, control, and operation of telecommunications systems.
8) Production and Processing -- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
*Concentration. Electrical and electronics engineers design and develop complex electrical systems and electronic components and products. They must be able to keep track of multiple design elements and technical characteristics when performing these tasks.
*Initiative. Electrical and electronics engineers must be able to apply their academic knowledge to new tasks in every project they undertake. In addition, they must engage in continuing education to keep up with changes in technology.
*Interpersonal skills. Electrical and electronics engineers must be able to work with others during the manufacturing process to ensure that their plans are implemented correctly. This collaboration includes monitoring technicians and devising remedies to problems as they arise.
*Math skills. Electrical and electronics engineers must be able to use the principles of calculus and other advanced topics in math in order to analyze, design, and troubleshoot equipment.
*Speaking skills. Electrical and electronics engineers work closely with other engineers and technicians. They must be able to explain their designs and reasoning clearly and to relay instructions during product development and production. They may also need to explain complex issues to customers who have little or no technical expertise.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates should forward their Names, Phone nos, and position applying for to the message box on this advert or send their CV to hrm.geopatllogistics @gmail.com. Failure to adhere to this instruction will lead to TOTAL disqualification. Only short listed candidates will be contacted