The Director is responsible for planning, directing, and assessing an integrated marketing and communications program that enhances the company's image and identifies and increases the awareness and understanding of the mission and programs, both internally and externally. The Director oversees the company’s advertising, marketing, website development, social media strategy, public relations, media relations, and overall strategic communications and supervises the Office’s staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Develops, implements, and assesses a comprehensive marketing, media, and communications strategic plan with metrics for success.
* Produces various University publications including a biannual magazine, as well as recruitment and development brochures.
* Develops and leads a creative social media campaign, oversees website and assess its effectiveness.
* Coordinates internal and external marketing and public relations efforts in support of institutional advancement and student recruitment.
* Leads integrated marketing, media, and communications initiatives in traditional and digital communications platforms using data-driven decision-making.
* Directs public relations and communications and works collaboratively across campus to promote the University of Saint Joseph, particularly in support of institutional advancement and student recruitment.
* Manages crisis communication planning, messaging to the public, and the coordination of responses to media inquiries.
* Oversees the Office of Marketing, Media, and Communications, manages staff development and evaluation, and manages its budget.
* Serves on company committees as appropriate.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Well-organized, accurate, effective, and creative multi-tasker, time-manager, and problem solver, who is also customer service-oriented, pays attention to detail, is able to manage complex projects and works with a sense of urgency.
* Able to hire, train, supervise, motivate, support, and lead staff and to handle personnel matters creatively and diplomatically.
* Proficient computer skills, including working with Windows, Microsoft Office Suite, the Internet, and other programs as needed.
* Familiarity with specific applications used by the company and the Office a plus.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate and to work comfortably with students, colleagues, and internal and external constituents, including diverse populations.
Professional, courteous demeanor and appearance and the ability to work professionally with staff, and administration and to professionally represent the company to the public.
* Commitment to the mission of the company.
* Physical ability to perform the essential functions of the position.
Candidates must have
* A Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, public relations or related field.
* Demonstrated experience, and at least 12 months experience leading a communications, public relations, and marketing program with examples of professional integrity, sound judgment, considerable energy, and the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects.
* Experience in managing a team and external collaborators.
* Demonstrated experience in, and deep understanding of, marketing principles, strategies and techniques, and using digital technologies for effective marketing and communications.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
* Interested candidates should forward their CV details to adm.genesisconsults @gmail.com.
* Candidates can also forward their names, valid phone number, age, Qualification, post applying for and current home address to the phone number attached to this advert OR to the message box.
*Applicants SHOULD ONLY call the HR on the phone number attached to the advert during working hours 8am-4pm daily except weekends.
*Failure to adhere to these rules and regulations would lead to TOTAL disqualification